|What is the course about?
- Assignments to combine parallel and previous technical courses
- Business side
- It’s not about starting a company
- It’s about creating value for existing business
- Technical side
- It’s about understanding which techniques are relevant to the problem
- Projects based course
- Work in groups and is a very hands on course
- Apply methods that you have seen already and will learn in this semester
- Detect important business problems
- Problems need to have business relevance to companies
- Collaborate with companies
- Translate them into testable research questions
- Study relevant scientific literature on the industry and on the topics/questions that you will work on
- Fashion data science solutions for them
- Get your hands dirty by working with raw data - the kind of data that data scientists work with
This is a series of subsequent courses on Data Entrepreneurship in Action. The purpose of these courses is to provide students with the ability to initiate and further develop data-driven new business development processes, by going through the whole datacycle, developing tangible results. Each is a team-based project course that integrates the courses of the semester, in the first semester specifically focusing on the knowledge and skills obtained in the data mining, data entrepreneurship, and strategyand business models courses.|
The aim is to confront students with all aspects of Data Entrepreneurship and challenge them to find their way, balancing issues from analytics, business, entrepreneuring, law, ethics, etc.. In each course all aspects are addressed, but with a variation on focus and depth. We foresee for instance that the aim for the entrepreneuring aspect can grow from a tentative plan on a few pages to a well-developed business plan, including an analysis of the market, competitors, phasing, resources needed, etc. Also, different application domains are addressed, to make students aware of the varying demands and issues of these.
The courses from the Data Science and Entrepreneurship program require specific prior knowledge. It is only possible to participate in this course if approved by the admission committee and if you are enrolled for the program.
Please note that this course will be taught in Mariënburg, ‘s-Hertogenbosch (JADS).