Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Account for core theories on start-ups, social enterprise and social innovation.
- Develop career-essential skills in entrepreneurship, marketing and networking.
- Describe, analyse, and relate the different theories and models on business in a social and cultural context.
- Translate ideas into a business plan and media strategy that is tested and scrutinised.
- Reflect upon social issues from an interdisciplinary and ethical perspective.
With your team, go out into the real world, identify a social issue that captures your imagination, come up with an innovative solution in collaboration with your target group, make a change and see the results! This is the essence of the Social Innovation Project.
Entrepreneurial skills are increasingly essential for students. With the aid of a committed network of professionals, you have the opportunity to create an event or an innovative idea to solve a societal problem. In the process, you will learn the core skills needed to launch your own start-up, develop your own business, or simply see the fruits of your idea in the real world.
Uniquely, the social innovation project combines your enthusiasm and innovative ideas with theory on social business, and allows you to develop and test skills necessary to develop innovative products. The Social Innovation Project is a very practical course.
The course is coordinated by Ellen Dreezens (LAS).
Please note: This course is for Liberal Arts and Sciences students only!