Exclusively for students who fulfill the requirements of the master Social Psychology.
Objective of the internship
The main objective of the internship is for you to familiarize yourself with professional activities of an Economic Psychologist.
Why an internship?
- This extra internship consist of 6 ECTS (this includes the time that you need to write the internship report). Since 1 ECTS corresponds with 28 hours, the total duration of the internship should be minimum 168 hours, which translates into 21 workdays (1 months fulltime).
- It is possible to combine this internship with the compulsory internship, consisting of 12 ECTS, in one big internship. If you choose to do so, the internship duration is approximately 3 months fulltime
- An internship provides you with the opportunity to look around in organizations before you apply for a real job. It may also provide you with the opportunity to apply knowledge in practical situations, to learn skills, and to try out professional activities under supervision (with feedback regarding your performance but without the full responsibility).
- The experience you gain during the internship may raise your chances on the job market.
Before an internship can start, the student fills out the internship agreement. Once this form is approved and signed by both supervisors (at the university and at the organization), as well as by the student, the internship can start.
The internship is evaluated with a pass/fail. This assessment is made by the supervisor at the university, and is based on the internship report and the assessment form filled in by supervisor at the organization.
What are the minimum demands for your activities during an internship?
- You should familiarize yourself with the professional activities of an EP psychologist.
- You should have a social scientist (preferably a Economic psychologist, or a person with comparable experience) as supervisor at the organization.
- You should plan regular meetings with this supervisor at the organization (preferably at least once a week).
During your internship, you will be assisted by two supervisors:
- University supervisor (faculty member of Dep. Social Psychology):
- This is the same person as the Master thesis supervisor;
- This person will make sure that the quality and quantity of supervision at the organization suffices, will discuss the Internship proposal, will give feedback on draft reports and will decide whether the students passes or fails the internship. This decision is based on the internship report and the assessment form filled in by supervisor at the organization.
- Organizational supervisor (at the internship organization):
- This person holds a degree in a Social Science (or has comparable experience, making him/he suitable to supervise the intern);
- This person has regular appointments with the intern (aim at least 1x per week) and sets dates/times of meetings for supervision.
- This person fills out the assessment form at the end of the internship.