The course Mathematics B covers the Dutch VWO programme in Mathematics B required to enroll in various HE institutes in the Netherlands.
- Differentiation: power functions, exponential functions, logarithmic functions, trigonometric functions, product rule, quotient rule, chain rule, extremes and inflection points
- Integration: power functions, exponential functions, logarithmic functions, trigonometric functions, area between functions, volume of revolution around X-axis or Y-axis, centre of mass, arc length.
- Trigonometry: sum and difference formulas, Simpson formulas, trigonometric functions, harmonic functions Lissajous figures (parametric curves)
Proofs in Euclidian Geometry:
- Proofs of congruence and similarity of triangles
- Perpendicular bisector and outer circle, theorem of perpendicular bisectors
- Bisector and inner circle, theorem of bisectors
- Altitude line, median line, theorem of altitude lines, theorem of median lines
- Quadrangles, quadrilaterals, theorem of quadrilaterals
- Central angle, circumferential angle, theorem of circumferential angle
- Theorem of Thales, theorem of a constant angle, theorem chord and tangent
- Inverse theorem of Thales, inverse theorem of constant angle
- Proofs from the absurd
- Lessons usually start with a classical explanation of the theory, after which you will work on exercises with the help of the teacher or an assistant.
- For pre-bachelor courses, the rules and regulations of the pre-bachelor program apply.
- After the course, participants will take part in an official exam at Boswell Bèta. If the study of choice of the participant has stricter requirements, the CCVX-exam can be taken.