The main objective of the internship is to familiarize Liberal Arts and Sciences students with professional career activities. Key objectives of the internship are to:
- explore the job market / research practice.
- gain experience in an organization, company, project (f.i. research project).
- apply academic knowledge and skills in (research) practice.
- reflect on the own performances during the internship.
- prepare and orientate for the master and the future labour market.
Before the student starts with the internship, the internship agreement is filled out. This form is signed by both supervisors (at the university and at the organization), as well as by the student. Apart from that, the student needs to write an internship proposal and a report of internship.
The assessment of the intern will be based on the internship report and the feedback the internship organization gives to the internship coordinator.
Please note: This course is for Liberal Arts and Sciences students only!
The student can choose for an internship provided that he/she already obtained 90 ECTS.
There are only 25 places available.
During the internship, the student will familiarize him or herself with the professional activities of someone with a university degree in at least one of the disciplines covered in the Liberal Arts and Sciences bachelor. The student will learn how to function within a professional organisation and to apply the academic knowledge and methodologies, as trained during the bachelor's program.|