Theme 1: Professions and professionalism
- The student can explain the concept of the profession and the moral responsibility that arise with this.
- The student can argue on which basis to distinguish between professions and their respective responsibilities.
- The student can conceptualize the idea of the ‘good professional’ using virtue ethics, and can argue for or against the existence of specific professional virtues.
Theme 2: Responsibility within organizations
- The student can argue how the responsibility of individuals arises within organizations, and which duties arise from their responsibilities.
- The student can reason about the different responsibilities that individuals have within their professional roles.
Work plays a major role in our lives. In this course we study the concept of work on the basis of three themes. First, we examine the concept of the professional. Is everybody who works a professional, and what makes a professional a good professional? Second, we study the question which responsibilities professionals have within the organizations in which they operate.