The Master's thesis aims at providing students with a solid understanding of relevant and recent topics on International Business Taxation and related issues in a specific area in law in order to improve the decision-making processes concerning multinational enterprises, both from a private sector and public sector perspective. The objective is to give students the opportunity to combine the knowledge and skills acquired through the tax and tax related courses in one coherent academic research paper through addressing a selected topic in International Business Taxation, combining main academic theories in international and European taxation with the relevant theories in a specific field of law (Business Organizations and Strategies and Globalization).|
- Deepen their knowledge of and insight into the foundations and systems of international business taxation and a selected, specific discipline in the area of law, in particular with respect to a specific topic to be further determined, and the interrelationship that exists between the area of international business taxation on the one hand and the selected discipline in the area of law on the other.
- Be able to independently detect these foundations, systems and interrelationships and accompanying legal sources (e.g., legislative history, case law and literature).
- Be able to independently and critically analyze and evaluate these foundations, systems and interrelationships and legal sources (including a well-founded own opinion).
- Be able to integrate the discipline of international business taxation with tax related disciplines of law in decision-making processes of both the private sector and the public sector. Students will be able to independently:
- formulate a problem statement for a basic academic research project.
- establish and structure a basic academic research project.
- perform a basic and academically sound study of the above foundations, systems and interrelationships.
- report in written form on the results of the study in a structured and accurate fashion and in proper English (spelling, style and readability)
- give an oral presentation of the study and enter into an academic debate concerning the study.
International Business Taxation - track International Business Tax Law