By the end of this course, participants should be able to (at B1-level of the Common European Framework):
After finishing this course, participants can take the internationally recognized diploma DELF B1 and are qualified for the course 'French: Upper-Intermediate Course'.
- have long and nuanced conversations and discussions in French, during which you explicitly express and make a case for your opinion;
- understand French, even when an unfamiliar theme is discussed;
- write a simple text or letter in accurate French (grammar, vocabulary and style);
- give an oral presentation in French.
- have a better understanding of the differences and similarities between students' own culture and the cultures of the French speaking countries in terms of values, beliefs and behavior.
For being able to choose the French course that best suits you, you are highly requested to have an intake with the lecturer before the course starts. This intake will last 10 minutes. Please send an email to the lecturer in order to make an appointment (YLuttikhuis@uvt.nl).
- The course will be concluded with an oral presentation, an oral exam and a portfolio.
- Language of instruction is French.
- The proficiency target level is B1. Students with a higher proficiency level are not allowed to take this course.
- There is an 80% attendance requirement for this course.
- Learning a language takes time. Apart from attendance and exam preparation, this course has a course load of about 8 hours per week.
- The Language Center reserves the right to cancel the course should enrollment numbers prove to be insufficient.
French for Beginners - PLUS, CEFR A2 or minimum of 3 years of French on VWO level. Please contact your instructor (e-mail: email@example.com) when you are not sure what your level is.
The primary objective of this course is to improve oral and writing skills. Reading, listening and writing assignments will be discussed as well as several speaking assignments (monologues, dialogues, discussions and presentations). Grammar and vocabulary will be practiced to achieve accuracy. The students create a portfolio out of the assignments given during the lessons.