At the end of the course, students will be able to (at level A1.1 of the Common European Framework of Reference):|
* spell and count
* exchange personal information
* introduce themselves or another person
* talk about their preferences, habits and hobbies
* ask questions and ask for information
* describe a place: a city or a neighborhood
* talk about their daily schedules and time
* respond to an invitation, make an invitation
* have a better understanding of the differences and similarities between students' own culture and the cultures of the French speaking countries in terms of values, beliefs and behavior.
After this course it is possible to join the course French for Beginners Plus.
To be able to choose the French course that suits you best, you are kindly requested to have an intake with the lecturer before the course starts. This intake will take 10 minutes and you can send an e-mail to the lecturer in order to make an appointment (YLuttikhuis@uvt.nl).
- During the course, students will do several online tests. At the end of the course, there will be an oral examination and students are expected to have completed their individual portfolio. The portfolio counts for the final mark.
- The language of instruction is French (and English/Dutch when necessary).
- The proficiency target level is A1.1. Students with a higher proficiency level are not allowed to take this course.
- The course has an 80% attendance requirement.
- Learning a language takes time. Apart from attendance and exam preparation, this course has a workload of about 8 hours per week.
- The Language Centre reserves the right to cancel the course should the number of students who registered prove to be insufficient.
- This course is especially suitable for students who have never taken a French course before.
This absolute beginners' course aims at developing reading and listening skills as well as written and oral communication, supported by grammar and vocabulary. Cultural aspects are dealt with in every seminar. All exercises are of a practical and realistic nature.|