By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- express themselves spontaneously and fluently in French, without having to find the right words;
- understand spoken French, even complex dialogues or argumentation, in dialogues and 'the media' (TV, radio, film) without difficulties;
- give your written opinion on various topics;
- understand long and complex texts while also identifying the author's intentions and certain nuances of the language.
- have a better understanding of the differences and similarities between students' own culture and the cultures of the French speaking countries in terms of values, beliefs and behavior.
- You pass the course after successfully completing the online tests, the tasks and the oral examination. The portfolio alos counts for the final mark.
- Language of instruction is French.
- There is an 80% attendance requirement for this course.
- Learning a language takes time. Apart from attendance and exam preparation, this course has a course load of about 6 hours per week.
- The Language Centre reserves the right to cancel the course should enrollment numbers prove to be insufficient.
French: Intermediate Course, CEFR B1, final examination in French on VWO, or similar level. If you have any doubts about your level, contact the teacher (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
During this course, the four basic skills (reading, speaking, writing and listening) will be explored in depth in interactive lessons. During these lessons, emphasis will be placed both on spontaneous, active use of language (discussions, presentations, and various written material) and analyzing texts and listening material. The starting point for all lessons will be authentic material with which participants will work individually or in groups.