The course MTO/Bachelor Thesis entails the completion of the bachelorfase. By writing the bachelor thesis, the student shows that he/she is able to conduct a (limited) legal research and phrase his/her findings in a paper.The Bachelor assignment is explicitly meant as a preparation for the master and the master thesis.|
The aim of the course is to enable the student to:
- Construct a research in order to answer a research question.
- Collect, organise and analyse data relevant to this research.
- Substantiate the answer found.
- Autonomously -with regard to form and execution- write a paper
On grounds of article 12.3 of the Teaching and Examination Regulations, this course is only open to Bachelor students who have acquired at least 119 EC at the start of the course.
MTO/ Bachelor Thesis IER trajectory consists of different mandatory components:
- Attending a set of lectures
- Conducting a literature review and drafting a thesis proposal
- Group discussion(s) on the literature reviews and on the thesis proposals
- An individual research project that consists of writing the bachelor thesis
Type of instructions
- Group discussions