In the field of the (medical) psychologist the student can:
- Formulate a plausible problem definition and problem model based on clinical case material;
- Design an appropriate treatment plan based on clinical case material, using results from scientific studies;
- Apply the different steps of a treatment method to specific clinical cases;
- Evaluate the appropriateness of certain interventions for specific clinical cases;
- Apply effective communication models to specific clinical cases.
Please refer to Dutch version.
Required PrerequisitesExclusively for students who fulfill the requirements of the master Medical Psychology.
During the lectures we will focus on several treatment methods and programs applied by (medical) psychologists in different settings, including psycho-education, registration, (cognitive) behavioral therapy, eye movement desensitization and reprocessing, relaxation techniques and mindfulness training. In the practical skills training sessions, we will focus on relaxation techniques & mindfulness, solution focused therapy and communication skills.
lectures, practical skills training sessions
Type of instructions
Written exam (open ended questions). The individual homework assignment (registration and treatment plan) needs to be graded as 'sufficient' in order to complete the course. Active participation during the skills training sessions is also required from students
Type of exams