To provide students with insights into the HR work context, students will work on a consultancy assignment for an organization (profit, non-profit or SME’s).
After completing the course Internship and Consultancy the student is able to…
1)… identify a practical problem or question within an organization, and clearly describe this question in an individual consultancy assignment
2) … locate relevant scientific articles, select relevant information, and to link theoretical constructs to the practical assignment.
3) … choose and use a research method for the consultancy assignment.
4) … use research outcomes and implications to formulate the practical advice for the organization.
5) … write a clear, concise, and well-structured advisory assignment.
6) … select and use scientific knowledge gained during the Human Resource courses to work on a practical advisory assignment for an organization.
7) … work on tasks in an independent way (jointly agreed upon by the student and the organization)
8) … to reflect on the development of specific competencies during the work on the consultancy assignment.
The internship has to be planned within the second year of the bachelor program (somewhere in block 1 to 4). You can already start with the internship in block 1 of the second year of the Bachelor. The introductory lecture will be held in Sepetmber 2018. Thus, please enroll in the blackboard course at the beginning of block 1 so that you can access information about the introductory lecture and internship vacancies. In case of further questions, please contact Marinus Verhagen.