After finishing the course, you will be able to:
- Explain the role of Information Systems (IS) in organizations;
- Describe the main technical components of an IS, such as Databases, software and network, and how information systems are developed;
- Develop small programs in Python and queries in SQL;
- Analyze the effects of Information Systems in organizations and society;
- Communicate effectively with IT professionals and managers.
In this way, you have the potential of being an intermediary between IT and the business. Moreover, you will have a good impression of what Information Management means as a discipline.
By means of lectures and labs the following subjects will be treated:
- Basic concepts of Information Management;
- Python programming;
- Databases and SQL;
- Information System Development;
- Information Systems and Society.
Type of instructions
Lectures and labs
Type of exams
Written exam (80%), lab sessions (20%)