The course has the following three goals:
- Investigate relationships among multiple variables by means of simple and multiple linear regression models and use them for forecasting; draw conclusions using interval estimates and hypothesis tests;
- Assess and test the validity of the five assumptions of the standard linear regression model and learn its extensions designed to deal with the violation of each assumption;
- Perform the computer-assisted statistical data analysis using the computer software SPSS and Excel.
Please note, that all IBA courses are only open to IBA students. It is not possible to use this course as an elective for other programs.
The following subject will be raised during the course:
- data inspection (visual and numerical)
- simple linear regression
- multiple linear regression
- model specification
- confidence intervals and testing of hypotheses
Students will apply the statistical methods to real data and answer relevant questions themselves in the context of the team assignment.
- Gert Nieuwenhuis, Statistical Methods for Business and Economics, McGraw-Hill, 2009.
30J115 Statistics and Data Management 1